Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don't Hate

I don't really understand the whole hating on Valentine's bit. I feel like if the holiday doesn't mean anything to you, there's no reason to be all bitter about it. The way I see it, we should thank all of those people who spend money on crappy flowers and three course meals because at least it makes them happy and stimulates the economy to boot!

And anyway, if we should be thankful for anything on Valentines day it should be Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown, my absolute favorite of the Charlie Brown specials. Vince Guaraldi's warm jazzy piano plays throughout and there's the classic good griefs, and brooding Charlie pining over a redhead and my personal favorite - Schroeder at the piano being obsessed over by the slightly psycho Lucy. Schulz is truly a genius.

|